Malaysia Airlines has partnered American Express and Maybank to offer the MAS American Express® Business Travel Account (BTA), a unique business travel payment solution in Malaysia which helps corporations achieve maximum control over business travel expenses and hence maximize cost efficiency. The BTA enables companies to gain enhanced travel data and insights from their travel management companies, hence helping them streamline and expedite the reconciliation of their travel expenses and manage costs – all through a single company account.
As a globally proven solution, the BTA offers companies a consolidated view of their travel expenditure providing more visibility of their overall travel spend with detailed information such as traveller name, sector information and ticket numbers. This enables companies to enjoy efficient cash flow management as well as policy compliance.
Commenting on this new initiative Malaysia Airlines’ Head for Sales & Distribution, Duncan Bureau said, “This is another milestone for Malaysia Airlines’ to be the first to introduce a co-branded payment solution in Malaysia to reward our corporate customers. Companies that sign up for the MAS American Express BTA will be assigned an Account Manager, and will enjoy substantial savings through discounts for all business-related travel on Malaysia Airlines. We will also offer exclusive perks like free flights, complimentary upgrades, priority seat confirmation and fast track options for eligible staff to benefit from our Enrich Frequent Flyer programme. Essentially, the more they fly with Malaysia Airlines, the more savings and benefits the company will get in addition to easier and enhanced tracking of their air travel spend through BTA.”
Maybank Executive Vice President and Head of Cards and Unsecured Lending, Victor Kaw, disclosed that the MAS American Express BTA is one of many advancements of the American Express Corporate Card program that Maybank advocates in Malaysia. “This innovative and streamlined cost management facility is another benefit that corporations can enjoy in addition to the suite of corporate payment solutions available to them,” he said, “In partnership with Malaysia Airlines and American Express, this is an enhancement of BTA that delivers added value to our corporate clients.”
“Transparency and control are two most important requirements when it comes to efficient travel expense and costs management,” said Ashutosh Agrawal, Vice President, Head of Commercial Card, Asia Pacific, Global Network Services, American Express. “As a worldwide leader in providing travel services and expense management solutions for Corporations, and with our proven track record, American Express is happy to partner with Maybank and Malaysia Airlines to offer the Business Travel Account to companies in Malaysia and assist them in improving the efficiency of their business operations, especially in an environment with an increasing need for cost control.”
Major product features of the MAS American Express® Business Travel Account:
· One single account that reflects a company’s entire travel expenditure and requires only one single payment
· Greater flexibility on a company’s cash flow as it provides up to 55 days’ credit period between transaction date and payment date
· Reduces paperwork and administrative hassles – including cumbersome reimbursement and cash-advances for employees’ travel
· Provides detailed data in an electronic data file, enabling companies to upload this data directly into their back office and expense management systems
· Automatically matches line by line travel expenses with enhanced travel data from their selected Travel Management Company, providing detailed insight into their spend
· Comes with a suite of six standard reports which highlight airline and route usage, as well as spend comparisons, to enhance airline negotiations and the compliance monitoring
The Malaysia Airlines American Express BTA is now available to all new and existing American Express corporate customers.
More information available online at http://www.americanexpress.com.my/bta or Maybank Corporate Customer Service at toll free line 1800889559.